|From Ron's Archives and More||313th Troop Carrier Squadron, 939th TCG - Portland|
|This page added 30 April 2004||.||All photos this page by Ron Olsen (Copyright) (12pix)|
|Home||Previous 313th TCS - Portland||Next 313th TCS - Portland||Up one level|
|5905 361.jpg||680210 414 35mm.jpg||680210 415 620fi...|
|680210 416 620f.jpg||6803usa ft09 145...||6803usa12 144.jpg|
These photos are dedicated to the men and women of the 313th Troop Carrier Squadron and the
939th Troop Carrier Group (later TAS and TAG). The following is edited from the
313th Airlift Squadron
history on the Air Force Reserve web site.
Redesignated as the 313th Troop Carrier Squadron September 1, 1957, the unit transferred to Portland International Airport, Oregon where they flew the C-46 and C-119. It became part of the 939th Troop Carrier Group in 1963.
July 1, 1967 the units were redesignated the 313th Tactical Airlift Squadron and the 939th Tactical Airlift Group.
July 25, 1968, the squadron transferred to McChord AFB, Wash., where it was redesignated as the 313th Military Airlift Squadron as part of the 939th Military Airlift Group. At McChord, it flew the C-141A Starlifter.